- Our Policy. This Privacy (“Policy”) covers BioUtah’s treatment of personal information or personally identifiable information (both “Personal Information”) that may be collected or submitted when the web-user (“you”) are using the BioUtah website or services. This Policy does not apply to companies that BioUtah does not own or control, or to individuals that are not under BioUtah’s supervisory control.
Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose Personal Information online this information cannot be made one-hundred percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others. However, we work hard to protect your information at all times, and protect your information in several ways. Your information is stored on a secure server that BioUtah and its authorized personnel can only access through a password. Additionally, we encrypt your information to prevent third parties without authorization from intercepting your information when it is in transit to us.
- How We Collect Your Personal Information. While using the BioUtah website, you may submit Personal Information when registering for membership, registering for events, posting content, purchasing acknowledgments and/or sponsorships.
Personal Information may also be collected, or your IP address logged, when you visit BIoUtah’s website. Your IP information allows us to understand how you use our site and to enable us to make changes to our site in order to improve your experience. Information regarding your computer, your connection to our website (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform), and your user history (including, but not limited to, your session information, page errors and the length of your visits to specific pages within our website) may also be collected.
- How We Use Your Personal Information. BioUtah may use the Personal Information you provide for purposes such as: carrying out a registration made by you; customizing the advertising and content you see; fulfilling your requests for products and services (including purchases); improving the content and overall look and feel of our website and services, contacting you, conducting research, providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients, contacting users regarding changes to our website or business, and customizing the content that you see on the BioUtah’s website. BioUtah may also retain the details of purchasing and other transactions or payments made with us or the partners affiliated with our website.
- How Your Personal Information is Disclosed. It is BioUtah’s policy not to disclose, sell sell or rent your Personal Information to any individual, business, government entity or outside parties except: (i) to provide products or serves you’ve requested through us; (ii) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (iii) when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal action; or (v) where you request BioUtah to do so.
From time to time, BioUtah may use return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose. Your Personal Information will not be collected for use that is in violation of the law, or unrelated to the discussed in this Policy, unless you are also provided an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
- Setting Up User Accounts. BioUtah allows users to set up member accounts. You have the ability to edit the information you provide at any time. Unless BioUtah is required to respond to court orders, subpoenas or comply with applicable law, BioUtah will use its best efforts to ensure that unauthorized third parties do not access your user account information.
- Correcting Your Personally Identifiable Information. You are responsible for ensuring that all Personal Information you provide on the website is maintained and kept current.
- Web Statistics & Shared Data. We collect and use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for reporting and sponsorship purposes.
From time to time, we may use this information to better design our website and to share with select advertising partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates. However, IP addresses are not linked to Personal Information. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and X number of women filled out our registration form, but we will not disclose to these partners, sponsors, and/or affiliates anything that could be used to personally identify those individuals.
- Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we do not collect information provided by users under the age of 13, not do we solicit information from users under the age of 13.
- Scope of this Policy: Third Party Websites. Although the policy applies to all information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by BioUtah, it does not apply to businesses or entities that are not owned or controlled by us.
This website contains links to other third party websites. Please be aware that BioUtah does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third party websites.
- Encryption. All user account pages are protected with Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption. All user accounts must be accessed with usernames and passwords. You are advised not to share your username and password with any other person.
- Amendments. BioUtah reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. BioUtah will contact registered users by email, and shall also post a notice of change on its web site, when and if the terms of this policy are amended.
- Contact. You may contact BioUtah directly by emailing help at Susannah@bioutah.org should you have any questions regarding this policy.